Friday 11 October 2013

World Cup Qualifications Betting Preview

Lots to keep us entertained tonight so let's get started. Group B is very interesting with a host of sides ready to press the gamble button I reckon. Italy are top and have qualified already so I would question whether or not their minds will be fully on the job. Club managers will have gotten into the players' ears and the players themselves will know that these last fixtures are just lip service.

Saying all that Denmark at home have won only two of their last 12 matches. In short, this group is a complete mess with all sorts of connotations. The Czech's will be brought back into the equation should they beat Malta and if Bulgaria beat Armenia that complicates things further. It's hugely messy to call.

My gut would say that Denmark would have to take a punt here and go for the win. If that happens then goals will almost certainly come into play. Over 2.5 goals is 2.36, and I'm on that position. I also think that Bulgaria will win against Armenia at 2.38 and that the Czech game will go over 2.5 goals, 1.73.

I touched on Croatia v Belgium on Twitter and I think that BTTS Yes (2.06) has a chance of landing. Croatia haven't had a BTTS Yes land in six consecutive matches and the trend has to end sometime. The match could be quite open if both teams have a dash at it.

Kazakstan are 2.1 to beat the Faroe Islands and I'll take that. I cannot find a card market for Ukraine v Poland but I'm pretty sure there were a spate of yellow cards last time out which may be worth considering again here.

Switzerland will want to smash Albania and I reckon they will win at 1.83. Turkey 2 goals or more is 1.63 and that looks good too. Also over 2.5 goals here is 2.02. Netherlands should cover the +1.5 handicap (2.03) against Hungary at home I reckon as the game is likely to become open if the Dutch take a lead and Hungary will have to chase as the pack in the group will be on their heels.

I also fancy Iceland to cover the -1.5 at 2.08 and over 2.5 goals at 2.02 v Cyprus who have been shite all campaign. Sweden v Austria, well who knows? Over 2.5 goals is 1.91 and I'll take that. Macedonia DNB 2.14 would also be another selection. The Welsh I don't think will be up for it in a failed campaign and Coleman is now a desperate man.

In the English game I think England will do a job and no more. Macedonia are +1.5 on the AH 2.02 and I'll be suggesting that.

No comments:

Post a Comment